Sunday, July 25, 2010

15 weeks and 5 days

It is hard to believe that Hannah will
be 4 months on Tuesday!  She seems to be
changing and learning new things so fast!  And
she is growing up way too fast.
Here are a few things that we have seen in
the last week or two:
 She definitely knows where her food comes from.
She is aware totally now that I am the food source.
And knows exactly where "that" is on me at all times! 

Which leads to the next area of food.  A couple days
ago she noticed for the first time that I had picked up
a glass, brought it too my mouth and set it down again.
I was drinking coffee at the time and she thought she
would like to try to put both hands on it as if to hold it
and take a peak inside.  She did this until I stopped drinking.

The next day she was sitting on my lap while
I was eating pizza.  She again watched me put
the food to my mouth and set the food down.  This time
she had to have her hand on the plate and kept getting
her hand closer and closer to the food.  She again
watched me until the food was gone.  She only
seems to be watching the eating and drinking when
she is on my lap or at the same level as I am.

I try to play with Hannah several times during
the day when she is lying on the floor playing
with her toys.  And we try to get in some good
tummy time.  I placed her on her right side and she
rolled to her back.  I put her on the her left side and she
rolled to the front.  And again today she rolled
to her front from her left side.

We have a habit of pinching her sweet round
cheeks, almost called them small but we know 
they are pleasantly plump!  And now she seems to
be doing the same to us, well not just our cheeks
but out chins, noses, pulling off the glasses
and poking our eyes.

She was sitting on our lap the other day
and the TV was on.  Someone was smiling
and laughing on TV and she noticed it and
did the same thing.  I had noticed this before when
she had laughed at the TV but this time
I realized why she was doing it!

She also had been taking things when we
offer them to her.  It was first us coaxing them
in her fist and now she just reaches out
and takes them from us.  She has also been
putting the things she takes from us and puts
them in her mouth.  She is getting better at it and
is sometimes getting toys (etc.) in her mouth on
the first try!
sleeping with Rosy her lamb
self portrait with Momma
sitting with Daddy in Stowe
posing while she relaxes on the couch
grins



 her new onesie from Auntie Karon,
it does apply to all her Aunts though!
 
 sitting with her Auntie Jen
 
 We are trying to get her to do things
with both hands at the same time.  And
she seems to be okay with holding her feet
at the same time.
She is realizing that they are attached 
to her body, she is starting to look at them
from time to time.
Hannah after her bath wrapped
in her doggy towel.  It can be a great
time to cuddle with her.

We are enjoying every single minute
with her!  In fact she had another first tonight!
We put her down not totally asleep and just put
one hand on her stomach and not looking
directly into her eyes and she fell asleep!
Granted she had been sound asleep before this
but needed to be wrapped in her blanket and that
woke her up, but she did it!  Hope this
happens more often!
 

No comments: