Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thank You Suanna

Today I got a call from Suanna (my sister for 
those of you who do not know) to check my email
pronto.  She already knew the reason, obviously.  A few
weeks ago I had entered a contest through Suanna's
the link that describes the calendar and what the calendar
does for people.)  This is my first juried competition.  I have
had a quilt in a show here at home, but it was
not really a juried competition to get into the show
only juried for prizes. 

Oddly enough I had never posted a picture of this quilt on the blog.
Well at least I could not find one.  So here is its debut I guess!
It is made from 100% cotton fabrics that are 1930's 
reproduction fabrics and muslin.  And I hand quilted it
with cross country floss in off white and a shade of green.
The title of the quilt is "A Flower A Day..."

Thank you Suanna for encouraging me to enter
the quilt into the contest!  I am honored to have
it in the calendar!  I entered this quilt in honor of
two friends who are both fighting cancers right now,
Jen (Baldwin) Martin and Lindy (Vander Zwaag) VerBeek.
Both beautiful women who need prayers to beat
cancer and strength to do it and for their families!

No comments: