Monday, March 29, 2010

Last quilt and blanket!

The title is a bit misleading, it
will not be the last quilt and blanket
ever!  But probably the last ones before
the baby comes!  (One week to due date
as of today)!!!


So why the two pictures of turtles? 
Well the quilt I made has turtles on it.
I have loved sea turtles since our
scuba diving trip to Sipidan. 


It was our last dive of the trip and we hit the 
jackpot with the sea turtles.   And one
of them swam right along Adrian 
and I's for almost the entire dive.


So here is the turtle quilt.  My mom
bought me a piece of turtle fabric and it
was the inspiration for the quilt.


If I had to pick out a favorite rectangle
in the quilt this would be the one!


The back side.  The border is the
turtle fabric that was my 
inspiration for the quilt!


On to the "last" blanket, pre-baby arrival.  This
flannel fabric came from a shower that
we had in MI thrown by Melinda and Trisha.  
So I decided to make it a rag quilt,
where all the raw seam allowances are
on the outside.  The fabrics are so soft 
and it is fun to have something different!


The closer up view!  Fun and Cuddly!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Love the turtle quilt! Is that your own design...it is absolutely fantastic!

Adrian and Becky said...

Thank you Alicia! I like to do my own designs as much as possible!

Sheldon express..This is our life said...

I LOVE the rag quilt!!!!

Adrian and Becky said...

Thanks Mel! I did not know what to do and then it hit me! It is nice and soft and will hopefully fray some more with love from the baby!